Friday 22 May 2009

(8) Fantastic day yesterday!

I've been to many conferences and corporate dinners in my time and yesterday's Enterpreneurs Forum event was fantastic - the speakers were brilliant and the whole day flowed wonderfully well. There were so many highlights but one which I really loved was Divas Incognito with their totally unexpected singing which started off with one of them pretending to be an outrageously drunk conference delegate intent on embarrassing herself and her companions.... I fell for it hook line and sinker and was amazed when first her colleague, then her and another girl burst into song. Fantastic.

I've organised events - not on that scale, but I know how much work goes into it and I am really impressed with the EF team - what a great job.

Anyway - I didn't network as much as I should have because baby Chloe was up most of the night with a poorly mouth and Calpol just didn't work. Teething is horrible! My inclination was to sneak off to reception, find a comfy sofa and curl up for a long nap but I stuck it out and I'm really glad I did. Every speaker was great, really inspiring and the day flew over. I did manage to catch up with nearly all of my fellow finalists and they were just as inspiring - there are so many really good, really impressive ideas between them and it was really interesting to find out how they came up with the idea and where they're up to. I've made some really good contacts among them and probably some good friends too.

Mum was a star as usual - she looked after Chloe all day and overnight. I stayed at her house to save an even longer drive and shared a bed with baby bear. I'd forgotten how much she wriggles and consequently got very little sleep but then mum stepped in at 6am when she woke up and let me have a lie in. What would I do without her?!

Hubby Mitch is finally back and he's off work on holiday for 2 weeks, which will be lovely. We are going to Somerset on Friday next week and in the meantime I need to cram in lots of work to make sure that everyone is taken care of while I'm away.

Really good meetings this week with Linda Britton of Prink Media and Maureen Stanton of On-net Communications. Really impressive and inspiring ladies!

More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment