Wednesday 13 May 2009

(2) Brown Manscara, YouTube and Gordon Brown

We're having a heck of a job trying to source brown mascara for men. Wouldn't you think that it would be an easy task, bearing in mind that you can get zillions of versions of brown mascara for women? Well we don't need mascara which lengthens, thickens, curls or 'fakes' lashes, we just want straightforward brown mascara designed for blokes! How hard can it be? VERY! My spies are out all over the world (well sort of via Twitter and Facebook) seeing if such a thing exists and if it doesn't I might see if I can invent some myself!

I have been doing lots of Twittering lately and was contacted by a man called Wayne, who is a BBC makeup artist and freelancer, offering to do some product demonstrations for our products on his YouTube site, which has over 8000 followers. We're going to give him a try and will keep you posted!

Our lovely supplier and inventer of 'Guyliner' and 'Manscara', Peter Kelly, was on Radio 5 this week commenting on Gordon Brown's makeup. Now there's a sentence I thought I'd never write and I'm not sure he's the role model we're after but, let's face it, if Gordon can wear it then there is hope for every other man on the planet :0)

More soon, baby Chloe is asleep, Hubby Mitch is working away and I'm multitasking doing astonmitchell stuff, business plans for clients in my Claire Mitchell Consultancy role, doing marketing for other clients in my Up Market role and eating custard creams in my 'me' role.....

No comments:

Post a Comment